Everything Old Is New Again
Some of the songs from her career that we will hear:
- I Hear Music
- Gladys Shelley’s I Did Everything Right With The Wrong Man (And Everything Wrong With The Right Man)
- Make It Easy on Yourself (Burt Bacharach, Hal David)
- plus “Let Me Off Uptown” (Earl Bostic, Redd Evans)
- of course, The Late, Late, Show
- and Is You Is, or Is You Ain’t My Baby recorded Live at Storyville, 1961
- And More!
We continue to celebrate the Judy Garland Centennial and I’ll chat with Award-winning music producer, critic and translator, Lawrence Schulman about Bertrand Tessier’s biography of Judy Garland – Splendor and Downfall of a Legend.
This is hidden with CSS display:none
We Listened to
Four Renditions of
written by Jerry Bock, George David Weiss, and Larry Holofcener for the score for the musical, Mr. Wonderful with performance by
- Sammy Davis, Jr.
- Eydie Gormé
- Natalie Cole
- John Pizzarelli
Album Pick of the Week
Catch Cecile at Jazz At Lincoln Center’s Rose Theater May 19th & 20th at 8PM. These are her last US appearances before she kicks off her International tour through Europe & Asia. She returns to the US in July with a performance at The Orpheum Performing Arts Center in Tannersville, NY on July 8th.
You Must Remember This
Previously Released Albums To Keep In Mind
Find This Show’s Music on Amazon and Support the Broadcast!
More Past Shows
Follow Everything Old Is New Again on social media for the latest news and updates!